Thursday, March 10, 2011

(8) Reporting Verbs with that, wh- and if clauses

Reporting Verbs with that clauses

အခ်ိဳ႕ Verb ေတြက report, idea, summary မိတ္ဆက္ေပးတယ္။ ဒီလုိမ်ိဳး verb ေတြရဲ႕ pattern က N+V+(that)+clauses ျဖစ္တယ္။

တစ္ေယာက္ေယာက္ ေျပာတာ စဥ္းစားတာကို ေျပာျပခ်င္ရင္ that clause ကိုသံုးတယ္။

He said that I had to see a doctor.

I thought that he was being silly.

That ကုိ ျဖဳတ္ထားၿပီးေျပာလုိ႔လဲ ရတယ္။

He said I had to see a doctor.

I thought he was being silly.

အခ်ိဳ႕ verb ေတြမွာ object ထည့္ေပးရတယ္။

She reminded him that it was time to go.

He told me he was a friend of yours.

Pattern: N+V+N+(that)+clause

Reporting Verbs with wh- and if clauses

အခ်ိဳ႕ Verb ေတြ summaries, reports, questions or problems ေတြကို မိတ္ဆက္ေပးတယ္။

She explained what we had to do.

He asked if I was ready.

I didn’t know what to do.

ဒီ Verb ေတြရဲ႕ pattern ကး N+V+wh-+clause သုိ႔မဟုတ္ N+V+if+clause ျဖစ္တယ္။

She wondered where she was. (N+V+wh+clause)

Ken asked if we wanted to go. (N+V+if+clause)

အခ်ိဳ႕ verb ေတြမွာ object ထည့္ေပးရတယ္။

She asked me if I was ready.

He told me what I had to do.

I told them what he was doing. (N+V+N+wh+clause)

Ken asked us if we wanted to go. (N+V+N+if+clause)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without insight meditation, it is incomplete to be a Buddhist.