Sunday, March 13, 2011

(11) Clauses: Short Forms (B)

B. Short forms for questions

1. ေနာက္ထပ္သိလုိေသာ အေၾကာင္းအရာမ်ားအတြက္ မၾကာခဏ ေမးခြန္းတိုေလးေတြ ေမးေလ့ရွိတယ္။

A: I’ll see you on Monday.

B: What time?

A: We are going on holiday next week.

B: Where?

A: You can get a new computer very cheaply.

B: How?

ပုိ၍ ယဥ္ေက်းေစခ်င္လွ်င္ ေမးခြန္းရွည္နဲ႔ ေမးႏုိင္တယ္။

A: I’m going to London on Monday.

B: What time are you going?

A: We are going on holiday next week.

B: Where are you going?

A: You can get a new computer very cheaply.

B: How can I do that?

2. တစ္ေယာက္ေယာက္ေျပာတာကုိ ျပန္ၫႊန္းခ်င္ရင္ ရံခါ what about/ how about နဲ႔ ေမးေလ့ရွိတယ္။

A: I love the Beatles. What about you?

B: Yes, I love their music too.

A: Your father seems to be working hard. What about your mother?

B: Yes, she is working hard, too.

A: I’m exhausted. How about you?

B: No, I’m fine.

A: I really enjoyed the film. How about you?

B: No, I don’t like it very much.

3. တစ္ေယာက္ေယာက္ေျပာတာကို ျပန္လည္စစ္ေဆးခ်င္ရင္လဲ ေမးခြန္းတိုေလးေတြ ျပန္ေမးေလ့ရွိတယ္။

A: George phoned last week.

B: Did he?

A: They’ve just had a baby.

B: Have they?

A: He’ll be here soon.

B: Will he?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without insight meditation, it is incomplete to be a Buddhist.