Monday, March 21, 2011

4. Prepositional Phrases

Prepositional phrase ဟာ preposition တစ္ခုနဲ႔ noun phrase တစ္ခုေပါင္းစပ္ဖြဲ႔စားထားတာျဖစ္ၿပီး ရည္ရြယ္ခ်က္မ်ားစြာအတြက္ အသံုးျပဳႏုိင္ပါတယ္။

Adverbials of time and place

We will be back in a few days.

They drove to Glasgow.

Postmodifier in a noun phrase

Helen is the girl in the red dress.

We’ve got a new television with a thirty one inch screen.

To show who did something

The lion was killed by the hunter.

I saw a wonderful painting by Van Gogh.

With double object verbs

We gave five pounds to the woman on the corner.

They got a drink for me.

After certain verbs, nouns, and adjectives

The book belongs to me.

I had an argument with my brother.

I feel sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without insight meditation, it is incomplete to be a Buddhist.