Saturday, January 8, 2011

Possessives

1. Possessives - nouns

ပုိင္ဆုိင္မႈေတြကုိျပဖုိ႔ -‘s ကို singular noun နဲ႔ တြဲသံုးတယ္။

We are having a party at John’s house.

Michael drove his friend’s car.

s- ဆံုးတဲ့ plural nouns ေတြေနာက္မွာေတာ့ -s’ လုိ႔သာ ေကာ္မာေလးထည့္ၿပီး သံုးတယ္။

This is my parents’ house.

Those are ladies’ shoes.

အျခား plural nouns ေတြကိုေတာ့ -‘s နဲ႔သံုးတယ္။

These are men’s shoes.

Children’s clothes are very expensive.

စကားမထပ္ေစရန္အတြက္ အေမးအေျဖေတြမွာ possessive နဲဲ႔သာ ၫႊန္ျပေလ့ရွိတယ္။

Is that John’s car? No, it is [Mary’s car].> No, it is Mary’s.

Whose coat is that? It’s [my wife’s coat].> It’s my wife’s.

2. Possessives – adjectives

Possessive adjectives ေတြကေတာ့ my, our, your, his, her, its, their တို႔ပါပဲ။

(၁) ၎တို႔ကုိ တစ္ေယာက္ေယာက္က ပုိင္ဆုိင္တာျပဖို႔ သံုးတယ္။

That’s our house.

My car is very old.

(၂) ေဆြမ်ိဳး မိတ္သဂၤဟေတြကို ေဖာ္ျပရန္သံုးတယ္။

My mother is a doctor.

How old is your sister?

(၃) ခႏၶာကုိယ္ အစိတ္အပုိင္းေတြကို ေဖာ္ျပဖုိ႔သံုးတယ္။

He’s broken his arm.

She’s washing her hair.

I need to clean my teeth.

3. Possessives – pronouns

Possessive pronouns ေတြကေတာ့ mine, ours, yours, his, hers, theirs, its တုိ႔ပါပဲ။

၎တုိ႔ကို noun phrase ေတြအစားသံုးတယ္။

Is that John’s car? No, it’s [my car].> No, it’s mine.

Whose coat is this? Is it [your coat]?> Is it yours?

Her coat is grey, [my coat] is brown. Her coat is grey, mine is brown.

Of ခံၿပီးေတာ့လဲ possessive pronouns ေတြကို သံုးတယ္။

Susan is one of my friends. or Susan is a friend of mine. Don’t say: Susan is a friend of me.

I’m one of Susan’s friends. or I’m a friend of Susan’s. Don’t say: I’m a friend of Susan.

4. Possessives – questions

Possessive နဲ႔ questions ေတြေမးဖို႔အတြက္ whose ကုိသံုးတယ္။

Whose coat is this? or Whose is this coat?

Whose book is that? or Whose is that book?

Whose bags are those? or Whose are those bags?

5. Possessives – reciprocal pronouns

Possessive reciprocal pronouns ေတြကုိေတာ့ Reciprocal Pronouns က႑တြင္ ျပန္ၾကည့္ပါ။

No comments:

Post a Comment

Without insight meditation, it is incomplete to be a Buddhist.